Monday, November 2, 2009

Renewed interest in the film!

You pin all your hopes on a specific grant and then don't get it. That's what happened this summer. I wanted to get the Open Fund Call grant from Center for Asian American Media (CAAM) and two months later, I got the third rejection letter for the project. It seems like the most appropriate organization for the film, yet the outside panel that comes in to judge the projects didn't think so.

A history documentary isn't a sexy thing for any channel anymore. Even PBS is moving away from them, so the dilemma is, how do we make this a documentary with bite!

My friends who are at CAAM sympathized with me about the grant. They are rooting for it, see the need for more Filipino programs and urged me to try for the completion funds which they judge internally.

Well, we got funding from them! WOOHOO!!! I really really am grateful for trusting me with this project and with the funding to do it. I feel really honored.

By the way, if you're not a facebook fan of the documentary, please join up!

No comments: