Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Searching for Subjects

When you start to make a documentary where do you find everyone you need? Do you use all the experts that are available, (historians, professors, book authors), or the people who experienced it.

For this documentary, it's been a pleasure to talk to people, from my grandmother to the handyman at Agbayani Village. But the tricky part is organizing all of this work. Thank god for Lisa Whitmer, our co-producer. Without her enthuasiam, we'd never get all the research and pre-interviews done. She's tirelessly and enthusiastically into the project. Even when I don't feel as energized by it.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi Marissa,
I came across your post when searching for information on Filipino Farm Workers. My Grandfather was a Filipino Farm Worker in America who migrated to the United States at about 1930. He has since deseased but my father and mother have a lot of information about him as well as photos and documentation. In the 1940's he was able to become a farm owner in Sunnyvale, CA, which I learned is very rare for Filipinos at the time. Please let me know if this is of any help to you. My email is ncorpuz@gmail.com. Please feel free to contact me. I know how rare it is to come across a Filipino who's ancestors came to the US as migrant farm workers. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nicole Corpuz