Monday, November 16, 2009

The Editing Really Starts

We've chosen an editor for the documentary, and in one week's time we start the process. I've got to come up with a paper edit, a script based on the interviews we have so far, and Andy, the editor is going to start cutting based on that. Whew, it's going to be a long process of editing for three months! Can you believe that, three months.

I've bought a few other books to help me with the research and the paper edit, "Little Brown Brother" and "Philip Vera Cruz" by Syd Valledor. Plus, I'm surrounded by historians who have supported us in the past with their knowledge.

It's a good time to be Filipino. Manny Pacquio is an incredibly beloved boxer who moves gracefully around the ring even as he hits like a sledgehammer. Plus, you have people like Arnel Pineda, Charice, people who are really putting Filipinos in the mainstream consciousness.

I guess the connection for me is really that they are they are OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers, although of a different sort. But like the farmworkers, they work really hard to get where they are.

No comments: